Monday, 14 April 2014

Springtime Inspires Me!

I live in the beautiful country of Guatemala, a small, third-world country also known as "The Land of the Eternal Spring." We’re in the middle of our summer and we have a long drawn-out rainy season from May - October. Easily, springtime has become an inspiring time for me to form my ideas! Why does Guatemala inspire me?


1) The beauty of Guatemala. No matter where I am, I’m surrounded by beauty ̶ flowers, history,culture and the best food ever.


2) Beaches. I love beaches! White-sand or black-sand like Guatemala offers. Here’s my son running down an isolated spot called “Montericco.”

3) “Semana Santa” or Holy Week has traditional festivals and events that attract many from around the world. In Antigua, Guatemala, people spend hours creating sawdust carpets for processions. The colors are so vibrant and amazing! It always surprises me that they can spend days creating the carpet and only minutes destroying them in the parades.
.

4) Last are my daily volcano views. Check this out! 


When I look at or experience something beautiful, I'm inspired. That's all it takes.

For my upcoming novella, Drink or Dare, which is part of the One Lucky Night anthology, it took one thing to strike my inspiration: a kilt and a dare. (I must admit that handsome men often inspire me!)

Yes, I know kilts are more of a Scottish thing, but you’ll have to read to see how this works in my novella.
One Lucky Night: Drink or Dare blurb:
One night can change everything…

The crew at Boston’s Brazen Head Pub hasn’t been very lucky in love. Can a mysterious visitor inspire them to look past old hurts and misconceptions and give romance a chance? One Lucky Night is a collection of five sexy interwoven novelettes by Aria Kane, Grace Teague, Ana Blaze, Constance Phillips, and Melinda Dozier.

Drink or Dare by Melinda Dozier
A bachelorette party Drink or Dare game pairs paramedic students, Rachel Robertson and Killian Whelan, in a flirting match. Soon, the dares threaten to turn their academic rivalry into something much more.

One Lucky Night will be available in print and at all major ebook retailers on May 7th. For now, you can add it to Goodreads!



What are your favorite springtime objects or events of inspiration? Comment below and I’ll give away an e-copy of Love and Other Games, a NA romance anthology from Swoon Romance to one lucky winner!

Thanks for stopping by,

Melinda Dozier

4 comments:

  1. I loved seeing a little bit of Guatemala, Melinda. I can see why it inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I'm always inspired by the beauty around me!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I had no idea you lived in such a wonderful place! Thanks for sharing, Melinda - looks fabulous :)

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! My hubby is from Guatemala so love led me here.

      Delete